Trumpet build specs:
· One-piece yellow brass valve casing
· .460 Medium Large bore
· #7 taper tube lead pipe – yellow brass material - .344 Venturi
· Reverse main tuning slide with traditional slide - braced
· Weighted yellow brass receiver.
· .4-gauge yellow brass bell with rolled rim – large 5.5 diameter
· Weighted bronze ferrule valve block to bell
· Double bracing lead-pipe to valve block on number 1 and 3
· Single brace on second valve block to bell
· Z style bracing lead-pipe to bell
· Bracing with lock screw between main tuning slide to 3rd and 1stto bell.
· Brass valve stems
· Medium weighted valve springs
· Amado water key on main tuning slide and third valve tuning slide
· Monette style heavy trim with flat top finger buttons
· Thin rings on first and third valve slide
· Custom pinky hook
· Hand applied satin finish with clear (non-epoxy) lacquer with two days of cure time.
· Gard double elite trumpet case ELITE 4 – ECLK (BLACK WITH BROWN LEATHER TRIM)
Originally Scott wanted a more free style of blow so in an effort to get him dialed in we started with a Large bore .465 valve bore with a venturi tube at .349 that he originally loved. Once Scott got more comfortable with the trumpet he realized that the blow is excessive for his playing style and was fading out after one hour. He reached out to Steve and Steve said "no problem man...." "let's build you one that will help with endurance" and now he is a happy camper.
Thank you, Scott for allowing me to build your custom trumpet and for your friendship. You're always welcome in my shop and looking forward to hearing you make this build scream!